Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 9

Tortilla Soup

This is the first time in almost 9 years that I have made this soup. You see, I made this soup the night after Harry and I got engaged....and the next day I was rushed to the hospital with a bladder infection so bad it was turning into a kidney infection! Now, of course, the soup had nothing to do with it, but because I was so sick, I couldn't even stand the smell of it. I decided that enough time had passed that I should be able to make it and eat it! LOL It worked! I made the best Tortilla soup I have ever had. Of course it was a sort of made up recipe...I do that sometimes but that type of dishes turn out to be the best ones. :D I added beans to it to make the soup richer but the ripe avocados makes the dish!


2 comments:

Christine said...

yum!! I am glad there was no repeat of the last time you had tortilla soup. :)

FaTtBaZtArD said...

That was just as good as the tortilla soup we had in El Salvador 9 years ago