Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 12

Yesterday wasn't a good day and I didn't get to take a picture but then again, it wouldn't have been a pretty one.

I had a huge problem with my dentist. Remember my post about loosing my cap, well I went to the dentist on Friday and he told me that he can not put the cap back on that the tooth has to come out. OK...not happy about this but I gotta do what I gotta do. So he gives me a name of a surgeon that he works with, I call but the doctor is not in my plan so I call someone that is. Get all the info, then call my dentist and ask them to fax a referral to the surgeon so I can go on Tuesday and get this taken care of.

Well, I wait until Monday morning to call the surgeon and check on the referral. They have not received it yet. No biggie (yet) so I call the dentist and give them the information for the surgeon...again! I wait until 1pm...make another call...still no referral. The surgeons office says that they would call the dentist and get the referral for me. Great..............NOT so much!

I get a call back from the surgeons office that the dentist says he doesn't this that he saw this patient. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? I was just there on Friday, and there is a chart for me!

Well, my blood pressure went sky high and I called the dentist office because I know this has to be some sort of mistake. I get the dentist himself on the phone. At first I was calm and explained the situation. Then when he got mad that I didn't use his recommendation, I was flaming pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is it written that I MUST used your referral? I am supposed to go to a doctor that doesn't take my plan and pay out of pocket? of is it because you were going to get any "referral" money from this other surgeon??
Not my problem buddy.

I then proceeded to call my insurance company and put in a complaint. They even tried to call the doctor and help me.

Finally, late in the afternoon, I get a call from the dentist office that I need to call the insurance company and get a referral number to give to the surgeons office. I call the insurance company and they say that the dentist needs to fax it. I tell the woman on the phone that I have been going back and forth with them on this. She says, let me call them and to hold on.

She comes back and says they wont fax the referral because I am not using the one that they recommended. Again, I say "well I would have IF they participated in my plan, but since they don't I am going with someone else." The Insurance woman understood and then gave me the ref number that I had to give to the surgeons office.

I REALLY hope that getting the referral was the most painful part of getting my tooth taken out!! LOL

Next step....find a new dentist and hopefully my teeth will be happy like this guy!!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oy!! I am glad you got it worked out.