Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 39

I should have posted this on the correct day but ohh well here goes!

February 7, 2009, is a new birthday for me. Its been 4 years since my Gastric Bypass Surgery. Since that time I have lost over 180lbs and have gained my life back. It was a semi-hard process, anytime losing weight and keeping it off is a hard process. Of course at the beginning, the weight just sort of fell off of me, and as soon as I got signoff from the doctor (April 2005) to start exercising, I joined a gym and worked with a trainer for a year straight. That's what really helped me lose the weight and tighten up as much as I did. I still have about 40-50 lbs I would like to lose...easier said than done! I will do it though, then go for some plastic surgery to get rid of excess skin and to help my girls go back to where they belong. HAHAHA

I can not imagine ever going back to the weight that I was, I was so unhappy and uncomfortable. I got a compliment on FB the other day from someone that hasn't seen me in years. She asked if my FB picture was current because it looked like my HS yearbook picture (it was taken over 25 years ago). I laughed and said, no its current! it made me feel GREAT that someone would say that I looked so young!

I was debating on whether or not to put up a before and after pic. I am still thinking about it. I will make this post now and when I get home tonight I most likely will post the pics.

Here is the before picture taken 2/6/05



and this one was taken over the summer.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I think you are an inspiration - you worked so hard and it paid off. You look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Like Christine said, you've really succeeded at your efforts and look wonderful!